Culturally diverse, rich in history, and geographically exceptional.
America’s first Spanish and English settlements were in St. Augustine and Jamestown. The South’s political kaleidoscope includes bright blue Washington, DC, and reliably red Texas. Nashville is the capital of country music, Mississippi’s the birthplace of the blues, New Orleans gave us jazz, and Miami is the capital of Latin America (¡más o menos!).
The South is the fastest-growing region in the country and beckons with opportunity.
We're proud to be Southern Teachers—since 1902.
• Four of the nations' top 10 public universities
• 21 of the 50 largest cities in the U.S.
• The US headquarters for Volkswagen, Michelin, Toyota, Nissan, BP, Airbus, and Lenovo
• America’s 2nd largest banking center, Charlotte, NC – second only to New York City
• The NFL’s five newest teams: Houston, Baltimore, Charlotte, Jacksonville, and Tampa
• Half of the nation’s top 10 states for tourism: Florida, Texas, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia
• The 10 highest mountains east of the Mississippi and the longest coastline of any region
• And more Independent Schools than any other region in the country.
Atlanta, Dallas, and Charlottesville! More opportunities for schools and candidates!
We're travelling far and wide to find great candidates for great schools!
Our 11th annual Student Art Contest will commence soon. Please review the submission rules and encourage your students to begin work on their masterpieces!
This majestic creature symbolizes many different things in cultures around the world, but we selected it as our icon because the elephant and the agency have key traits in common.