Culturally diverse, rich in history, and geographically exceptional.
America’s first Spanish and English settlements were in St. Augustine and Jamestown. The South’s political kaleidoscope includes bright blue Washington, DC, and reliably red Texas. Nashville is the capital of country music, Mississippi’s the birthplace of the blues, New Orleans gave us jazz, and Miami is the capital of Latin America (¡más o menos!).
The South is the fastest-growing region in the country and beckons with opportunity.
We're proud to be Southern Teachers—since 1902.
• Four of the nations' top 10 public universities
• 21 of the 50 largest cities in the U.S.
• The US headquarters for Volkswagen, Michelin, Toyota, Nissan, BP, Airbus, and Lenovo
• America’s 2nd largest banking center, Charlotte, NC – second only to New York City
• The NFL’s five newest teams: Houston, Baltimore, Charlotte, Jacksonville, and Tampa
• Half of the nation’s top 10 states for tourism: Florida, Texas, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia
• The 10 highest mountains east of the Mississippi and the longest coastline of any region
• And more Independent Schools than any other region in the country.
Southern Teachers is currently accepting applications for additional placement counselors and a recruitment coordinator for our office in Charlottesville, Virginia.
With our new site comes a great new feature—candidate profile photos! A photo of your smiling face can help you job search by building a connection and creating a positive first impression. To encourage candidates to upload a photo, we will have daily drawings for $25 Amazon Gift Cards all summer long! Check out our winners so far and then log in to update your candidate profile with a new photo!
This majestic creature symbolizes many different things in cultures around the world, but we selected it as our icon because the elephant and the agency have key traits in common.
Southern Teachers has been around since 1902. Our web presence isn’t quite so distinguished, but we have been online for 25 years! Take a quick look at our digital evolution since 1992. We’ve come a long way!