Enjoy working with kids? Anyone ever say you'd make a good teacher? If so, we're here to help you find a job!
Our free service helps teachers find jobs at K-12, college-preparatory, private/independent schools all around the South.
How does it work?
• Apply: fill out an online application with Southern Teachers
• Schedule: If we can help in your job search, your assigned Placement Counselor will schedule an interview to learn the parameters of your search
• Connect: Your placement counselor will help identify the best job opportunities and start connecting you with schools
What qualifies you?
• Passion for working with kids and sharing your love for athletics or extracurricular activities
• Desire to motivate K-12 students
• Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate
• For Elementary grades Teacher Certification required
• For Middle and High School positions, certification is a plus, but not mandatory
We’re here to answer your questions about independent schools and Southern Teachers' services.
Our recruiters vist many colleges and universities each season, so check our Recruiting Schedule to see if we're visiting your school this semester.
Can't attend these events? Schedule a conversation!
• Feel free to set up a time to chat with one of our recruiters using this calendar
• send your questions to Recruiter@SouthernTeachers.com
Active Southern Teachers candidates are also eligible to interview directly with our member schools at our virtual and in-person Job Fairs
Questions about what we do?
We'd be delighted to speak with you about our services for graduating students seeking jobs or send you information to distribute.
If you'd like for one of our recruiters to speak with a group of your students, we'd love to schedule a session.
Want a Good Job?
Want a Great Life?
Southern Teachers has been a great long-term partner in our hiring. Taking the time and making the effort to know our school and its culture has built a relationship that has allowed you to send us better candidates.
At each juncture in my career, I have reconnected with Southern Teachers. They are unique among teacher agencies in that they commit time and resources to knowing candidates and building partnerships with them.
Southern Teachers is one of the easiest placement organizations I have worked with. Your staff is accessible, supportive, and sustains a high level of engagement. Your website is easy to navigate and the video introductions of candidates are a real plus.
Southern Teachers will hold our Atlanta Job Fair in 2022.
All active Southern Teachers candidates are eligible and encouraged to participate!
Registration is not yet open.
Proof of full vaccination will be required for participation.
In our groundbreaking Leadership Study based on assessments of almost 250 sitting heads of school, you'll read about the specific personality traits that distinguish independent school leaders. Nine reports published serially this fall on topics such as Ambition, Learning Approaches, and Interpersonal Sensitivity. Does your personality predict your performance?
Our 13th Annual Student Art Contest will begin accepting submissions on October 31. Students at member school in grades 8-12 are eligible to participate. One art teacher from each member school should register to coordinate submissions.
This majestic creature symbolizes many different things in cultures around the world, but we selected it as our icon because the elephant and the agency have key traits in common.