The South’s best schools retain Southern Teachers for leadership searches because they value their time and our expertise.
• They trust our process because it lets them focus on the essential aspects of hiring outstanding new staff leaders while they keep their schools running smoothly.
• They know we recruit nationally for a diverse, gifted pool of candidates.
• They appreciate our ability to engage school constituents, facilitate effective interviews and evaluations, encourage conversations with top contenders, and use industry-leading personality assessments to help verify key attributes for the best hiring decisions.
Our process and partnership produce great results.
Schools sometimes tap Southern Teachers’s talent pool without investing in a retained search.
• We charge no upfront fees. Schools pay us only when they hire candidates we refer.
• We take the time to learn about the qualities of each job’s “ideal candidate.”
• We refer candidates only after interviewing them, contacting their references, and speaking with their supervisors.
• We do the legwork so schools can focus on selecting the best candidates for their specific needs.
Whichever method you choose, Southern Teachers can help you find the talent you need. Take a look at some of our recent successes.
Factors include time, expense, school culture, and precedent. Many of our client schools have retained our services for multiple searches over the years, while others prefer to use our contingency services. Some use both of our services in the same year depending on the search! We would love to chat with you about the differences between retained and contingency searches so you can make the right choice.
No other placement firm offers our skillset and service. We understand schools in the South and we reach candidates throughout the nation. We are uniquely qualified to help Southern schools find leaders for continuing excellence. Southern schools have a trusted partner in Southern Teachers.
Warren's 35-year career in education has included service as a teacher, dean, college advisor, academic affairs director, and division director at independent schools in several Southern states. Most recently he was the founding Upper School Director at Trinity School of Durham and Chapel Hill. We are honored that he now brings his knowledge and proven understanding of schools' needs as our North & South Carolina Consultant.
A Certified Master Athletic Administrator, Tim joins our team after nearly two decades at Kentucky Country Day School and prior stints at Porter-Gaud and Darlington School. With his well-known success in developing athletics programs at independent schools, Tim brings a unique skill set to his work as Athletics Consultant. He conducts our new Athletic Director mentoring program and advises in Athletics Administration searches.
Throughout her nearly 15 years at St. Mary's Episcopal School in Memphis, Tennessee, Kirk invested deeply in her school community, first as a teacher and then as a key staff member in admissions, advancement, and communications. Her priorities are family and education, and her positive energy is contagious. She brings a wealth of experience and joy to her new role as ST's Consultant to schools in Georgia and the MidSouth States.
Southern Teachers will hold our Atlanta Job Fair in 2022.
All active Southern Teachers candidates are eligible and encouraged to participate!
Registration is not yet open.
Proof of full vaccination will be required for participation.
In our groundbreaking Leadership Study based on assessments of almost 250 sitting heads of school, you'll read about the specific personality traits that distinguish independent school leaders. Nine reports published serially this fall on topics such as Ambition, Learning Approaches, and Interpersonal Sensitivity. Does your personality predict your performance?
Our 13th Annual Student Art Contest will begin accepting submissions on October 31. Students at member school in grades 8-12 are eligible to participate. One art teacher from each member school should register to coordinate submissions.
This majestic creature symbolizes many different things in cultures around the world, but we selected it as our icon because the elephant and the agency have key traits in common.