Thought about teaching after you graduate? If so, we're here to help you find a job!
Our free service helps teachers find jobs at K-12, college-preparatory, private/independent schools all around the South.
How does it work?
• Apply: fill out an online application with Southern Teachers
• Schedule: If we can help in your job search, your assigned Placement Counselor will schedule an interview to know the parameters of your search
• Connect: Your placement counselor will help identify the best job opportunities and start connecting you with schools
Am I qualified?
• Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, Doctorate Degree
• Teacher Certification required if teaching Elementary grades
• For secondary school positions, certification is a plus, but not mandatory
• Passion for working with kids and sharing your love for athletics or extracurricular activities
• Desire to motivate K-12 students
We’re here to answer your questions about independent schools and Southern Teachers' services.
Our recruiters vist many colleges and universities each season, so check our Recruiting Schedule to see if we're visiting your school this semester.
If you can't find us on your school's career services website, feel free to set up a time to chat with one of our recruiters using this calendar; or send your questions to Recruiter@SouthernTeachers.com.
2022 Southern Teachers Job Fairs
Active Southern Teachers candidates are also eligible to interview directly with our member schools at our Job Fairs
• Atlanta Fair: Feb. 5
Questions about what we do?
We'd be delighted to speak with you about our services for graduating students seeking jobs or send you information to distribute.
If you'd like for one of our recruiters to speak with a group of your students, we'd love to schedule a session.
Southern Teachers has been a great long-term partner in our hiring. Taking the time and making the effort to know our school and its culture has built a relationship that has allowed you to send us better candidates.
At each juncture in my career, I have reconnected with Southern Teachers. They are unique among teacher agencies in that they commit time and resources to knowing candidates and building partnerships with them.
Southern Teachers is one of the easiest placement organizations I have worked with. Your staff is accessible, supportive, and sustains a high level of engagement. Your website is easy to navigate and the video introductions of candidates are a real plus.
Are you interested in helping teachers find great jobs? Southern Teachers is currently accepting applications for placement counselor and a rectruitment coordinator in our office in Charlottesville, Virginia.
We are delighted to announce the winners of our 13th annual Student Art Contest! This summer we will mail our SY 2022-23 Art Calendar to more than 2,000 schools around the country.
This majestic creature symbolizes many different things in cultures around the world, but we selected it as our icon because the elephant and the agency have key traits in common.