Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Athletic Director is a supervisory administrative position for Providence Academy’s Athletic Department. The Athletic Director is responsible for supporting the mission of the School and, specifically, advancing the mission, culture, and function of the Athletic Department.
- Lead all aspects of interscholastic athletic competition.
- Expand athletic opportunities for PCCA students.
- Coach up the Head and Assistant Coaches with a vision consistent with the mission/vision and goals of Providence Academy.
- With support from the Director of Business Operations and President, develop the annual budget for PCCA Athletics and exercise sound fiscal stewardship.
- Oversee development of sports schedules and the Athletic department calendar of events.
- Spearhead Athletic Department fundraising and advertising.
- Cultivate a constructive and Christ-centered relationship with all external and internal school stakeholders directly in his/her scope.
- Collaborate with Booster Club officers.
- Attend meetings of the board of directors when requested to report on the department.
- Conduct hiring of and performance reviews for Head Coaches, Assistant Athletic Director(s), and other direct reports.
- Attend major school-wide functions, such as Senior Commencement.
- Speak at occasional school-wide events, especially those with an athletics focus.
- Uphold the PCCA Athletic Handbook policies in supporting the school’s broader mission/vision.
- Approve uniforms and spirit wear store submissions in alignment with branding guidelines and the school’s dress code.
- Network for the good of the school’s reputation at selective community events.
- Oversee safety and training needs within the department.
- Serve as the primary office manager, in partnership with the Business Office, of the Athletic Department. This includes, but is not limited to, roster management, class registration for student-athletes, grade recording for athletic classes, managing donor information, and maintaining eligibility records for student-athletes.
- Maintain communication with lessors regarding facility usage for practice and game times, including the completion of annual and intermittent event forms.
- Manage schedules for referees and volunteers for Home Games
- Manage transportation schedule for teams, including the scheduling of drivers and the driver screening process.
- Supervise updates to the Athletics website and Social Media profiles.
- Assist in setup for Home athletic events.
- Oversee the resolution of interdepartmental disputes, as applicable.
- Assist coaches in ordering team gear and equipment through PCCA vendors
- Assist in management of sponsor programming and signage related to sponsorships.
- Ensure processes are in place to screen student-athletes for participation readiness (i.e., Physicals, Parent Permission Forms, Enrollment in Class, etc…)
- Advance accreditation and certification needs of this ministry.
- Pray vigilantly for the ministry.
- Serve joyfully.
- Address other duties as assigned by the President.
Required EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years of working in an Athletic Department or related field
- Management experience with the ability to foster an environment of creativity, collaboration, and professional growth.
Preferred EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in a related field
- 2+ years in an educational setting
Required PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Demonstrates faith in Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
- Professes a belief that the Bible is God’s Word and is the standard for faith and daily living.
- Agrees whole-heartedly with Providence Academy’s Statement of Faith.
- Is a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. (Luke 6:40) This includes being committed to God’s biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Is a Christian who is an active member of a Christ-centered church, and will remain so during the period of employment, growing in his/her Christian relationship with God, and actively practicing and exhibiting Christian principles of the Christian faith; seeks to model in speech, actions, and attitude a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ; sets an example of the importance of spiritual discipline; and encourages students in the importance of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and growth of their faith.
- Recognizes the role of parents as primarily responsible before God for their children’s education and is prepared to partner with them in that task.
- Demonstrates the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and punctuality.
- Meets everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Maintains a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and is in agreement with school policy.
- Uses acceptable English in written and oral communication. Speaks with clear articulation.
- Respectfully submits and is loyal to constituted authority.
- Willing to notify the Principal of any policy he/she is unable to support.
- Possesses a passion for the University-Model School mission/vision.
- Possesses a clear knowledge, understanding, and heart for classical and Christian education.
- Is a spiritual leader.
- Is detail-oriented and able to remain flexible in the variable landscape of school athletics.
- Possesses good people skills.
- Has a servant’s heart.
- Is able to diffuse difficult situations.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Possesses and demonstrates the fruits of the Spirit.
- Acts objectively when distinguishing what is best for Providence Academy when his/her own children are attending the school.
- Is exemplary in praying for the school, staff, students, and families.
- Models biblical principles of leadership in his/her relationships with and treatment of the faculty and staff.
- Submits to the President’s and Board’s authority.
- Is able to articulate a Christian (biblical) philosophy of education and implement this philosophy at all levels of the school.
- Is able to communicate openly and honestly with the President or other direct Supervisor.