Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
Shorecrest Preparatory School is a non-sectarian, coeducational PK3-12 school educating a diverse community of 1056 students to become lifelong learners in the pursuit of personal and academic excellence, physical well-being, creative achievement, and the development of a commitment to social responsibility. Known for its student-centered approach to teaching and learning, Shorecrest intentionally positions itself as offering an academic program that embraces both innovative and traditional approaches to education in a nurturing environment. As innovation permeates the Shorecrest curriculum, so do the tenets of diversity, equity, and inclusion as guiding principles for the school community and culture. Shorecrest strives to be a place of learning and community where differences are celebrated, where unique qualities are affirmed, and where each member of the community feels valued and respected. Using its Mission Statement as a guide, the school accepts the challenges of building a community of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
The Assistant Director of Enrollment Management supports prospective families navigating the admissions process and assists with the onboarding and retention of families within the Shorecrest community. This position reports directly to the Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid.
- Work with other members of the Enrollment Management team to coordinate the enrollment management process for a designated cohort of applicants and current student re-enrollment
- Establish, track and maintain accurate and complete applicant records within the
- Admissions software database for designated cohort of applicants
- Schedule, conduct and administer admissions tours for prospective families
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner schools
- Plan, attend and participate in recruitment and retention Events (Open Houses, partner school events and new parent social(s) or other events)
- Serve as a resource for prospective families going through the admissions process
- Coordinate candidate visits for assessments and classroom visits
- Organize, evaluate and present completed applications for Admissions Committees
- Communicate admissions decisions with prospective families
- Maintain and update admissions materials and outgoing correspondence
- Respond to telephone calls, email inquiries and “walk-in” visitors inquiring about the school
- Help new families transition to the school and community
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Enrollment Management & Financial Aid
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Prior admissions experience is preferred
- Possess an enthusiasm for working with students and families while displaying exemplary verbal and written communication skills, creativity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic within a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency and willingness to learn appropriate technology and web tools
- Collegial and collaborative team member
- Communicate effectively with all constituents in an independent school environment
- Demonstrate strong customer service and data analytical skills
- Committed to inclusion and issues of diversity and equity
St. Petersburg, Florida
A mid-sized city and part of the Tampa Bay metropolitan area of nearly three million residents, St. Petersburg is well-known for its warm weather and is often referred to by its nickname, "The Sunshine City," for its average of some 361 days of sunshine per year. With a vibrant arts and food scene, a diverse population, and excellent health care, St. Pete offers easy access across the causeway to Tampa and the Tampa International Airport, while being a more laid-back destination with a diverse, close-knit community and easy access to the area's beautiful beaches. In just the past few years, the City of St. Petersburg has increasingly become a destination for visitors and new residents from around the country, frequently appearing high on lists and rankings for quality of life, population, economic growth, and more. Longtime residents and community members are quick to mention the role that Shorecrest has played in the city's growth and development.