Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
Atlanta Youth Academy (AYA) is a Christian preparatory school for inner-city youth in Pre-K through 8th grades that was founded in 1997. AYA exposes students who otherwise would not have access to such opportunity to life-changing experiences, launching them to a brighter future in high school, college and beyond. We seek a passionate, collaborative Christian leader to serve as Business Manager, to lead the business office and support the Development Director, Dean of the Academy, and the President. This important role includes primary responsibility for all business office direction including budgeting, cash management, overseeing human resources, coordination of the annual audit, strategic business direction, monitoring legal environment and staff management. The Business Manager reports directly to the President.
Education and Experience Requirements
- bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- minimum of 5 years of accounting and/or bookkeeping experience.
- overall computer proficiency including database management products, QuickBooks, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Google Suite.
- detail-oriented approach to work with a record of commitment to accuracy and excellence.
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, work as part of a team
- willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly assigned
- excellent interpersonal skills, overall teach-ability, sound judgment relating to confidential matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the Administrative Leadership Team
- Manages the School’s financial assets in a prudent manner, consistent with the mission, safeguarding the value of those assets for use of future generations by establishing appropriate financial controls and procedures.
- Manages the budget and forecasting process and provides those results to the President and ultimately the Board of Trustees
- Oversees the administration of the School’s endowment in accordance with investment policy and investment decisions of the Finance Committee.
- Manages and executes the timely audit of the financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles to ensure an unqualified opinion.
- Enrollment management regarding financials, collection of family financial data, tuition calculation, and tuition collection
- Tuition and aftercare income reconciliation and FACTS Tuition Management
- Gift receipt and coordination with the development staff
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Daily cash management
- Monthly Finance Committee and Board reports
- SSO scholarship administration including GOAL and Arete
- Accounts payable and receivable
- HR and payroll coordination and salary review with Professional Employer Organization
- Primary liaison to external auditors and tax accountants to support annual audit and 990 preparation/submission
- Staff management and support
- Other duties as requested
The Atlanta Youth Academy exists to advance the kingdom of God by offering an excellent Christ-centered education to low-income, urban communities.