Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Director of Academic Technology provides vision and leadership in all areas of technology with an emphasis on implementing the school’s strategic priorities that include integration of digital tools and practices throughout the curriculum. Accordingly, the primary responsibility of the Director of Academic Technology is to lead and inspire the team of divisional Academic Technologists as they assist the faculty in integrating digital technologies to support, enhance, and extend learning. Further, the Director of Academic Technology guides this team through the annual Professional Growth and Development Plan for institutional, divisional, and individual goals related to the School’s strategic initiatives and creates accountability structures to ensure these goals are met. In partnership with the Chief Information Officer, this critical school role supports the development of The Lovett School’s short¬ term and long term educational technology goals.
- Governs (i.e. mentors, coaches and/or directs) the members of the Academic Technology team to transform classroom teaching and learning through evaluation, planning and goal creation Work one‐on‐one with individual teachers or department groups to develop and implement technological strategies that support the curriculum
- Provide instruction and advice to teachers and co‐teach classes when necessary to promote fluid integration of new resources and technologies
- Streamline classroom integration of new technologies and strengthen the use of existing resources
- Evaluates and pilots emerging advancements in educational technology
- Facilitate ongoing school wide and discipline‐specific discussions regarding the use of technology in the classroom and develop recommendations and formal proposals for future programs and initiatives
- Maintain a professional learning network with regional and national technology leaders and initiatives
- Expand knowledge base through regular attendance of conferences that promote the use of technology in educational settings in order to identify new resources, tools, and ideas for further exploration
- Work closely with the Information Technology office to identify ways to further streamline and enhance implementation of technologies on campus
- In partnership with the Chief Information Officer, develops and maintains the annual budget for educational technology software
- Collaborates with Division Heads and Department Chairs to develop and implement a strategic plan for educational technology to support and advance whole- school curricular goals
- Leads the development and implementation of a scope and sequence for Educational Technology and integration into all areas of learning
- Leads through peer coaching, co¬-teaching and building relationships with adult learners to advance instructional design and classroom practice
- Identifies and communicates best practices and research in educational technology to assist teachers in supporting and advancing student learning
- Is philosophically aligned with an inquiry based approach to learning with expertise in using digital technology for learning.
- Develops, coordinates, and instructs professional development opportunities for faculty and workshops for parents on technology¬ related topics
- Develops technology-related policies with key stakeholders
- A collaborative leader who effectively demonstrates designing, leading and implementing multiple projects
- Experience teaching in an independent school setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of academic technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent emotional intelligence skills
The Lovett School’s Golden Circle
Why: The Lovett School exists to fill the world with lifelong learners and empathetic leaders who actively lead lives of joy and purpose.
How: Through the Values - Intellect, Purpose, Belonging, Faith, and Love.
What: Whole Child Education - The active construction of knowledge using multiple modalities to build cognitive, social, and emotional skills and to motivate individual passion, self-discovery, and collective purpose.