APPLY NOW — Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Director of Admission is responsible for managing the All Saints’ Episcopal School’s admission process from inquiry to integration into the School, overseeing all admission events in an enthusiastic and persuasive manner. The Director of Admission represents the School’s spirit, culture, and values to current and prospective students and parents at all times. This includes leading a very positive dynamic admission team and strategically attracting families and students to the School. Additionally, the Director oversees management of the inquiry pool and enrollment target through systematic and efficient handling of applications, communication of sensitive decisions and issues with candidates and their parents, School facility tours, enrollment data management and analysis, coordinating arrangements for admission testing, securing of necessary student credentials, and communication of final decisions to appropriate individuals. The Director of Admission is expected to work closely with the four Division Heads, collaborate with the Business, Development and Communication Offices as well as advise the Assistant Head, Associate Head and Head of School on admission trends, competitive landscape, strategic challenges/opportunities, and fully contribute as a member of the School’s leadership team.
- Provide strategic leadership for the entire admission, enrollment, and financial aid program.
- Develop strategic goals and actions to achieve target enrollment.
- Direct and manage admission programs for the full life cycle including recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Coordinate with Leadership Team a plan for school-wide retention.
- Maintain statistical reports on all aspects of enrollment trends, market demand, demographic analysis, and report on such matters to School constituencies as appropriate.
- Oversee, coordinate and development of a robust Parent Ambassador Program.
- Plan, organize and attend admission events for prospective students and families.
- Manage, guide, and evaluate Admission Staff including Associate Director(s) of Admission and Database Manager.
- Oversee all aspects of the admission process, including communications, testing, visits, tours and admission committees.
- Work in partnership with the CFO to develop and manage appropriate financial aid and merit based scholarship programs.
- Develop and manage the admission budget.
- Establish and maintain an inquiry and application system, including the preparation of relevant information materials.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all School and admission office records.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of experience of admission and recruitment in a school environment, required. College admission experience acceptable.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Blackbaud and/or other admission-related software required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to connect and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, administrators, parents, alumni and guests.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects efficiently and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team.