APPLY NOW — Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
Founded in 1986, Mount Pisgah Christian School is a leading private school that provides an outstanding college-preparatory education grounded in Christian faith and values. Our vision is to teach foundational truth in an ever-changing world, empowering students to think critically and creatively and to act with courage and compassion. We are committed to partnering with families to offer excellence in faith, academics, fine arts, and athletics.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Murray Academy utilizing processes, procedures and policies
- Exhibit behaviors which show the ability to learn and adapt in order to increase productivity and profitability of the School
- Possess education and experience to run and manage an efficient and loving center for Mount Pisgah
- Implement and supervise programs which follow the School’s philosophy, educational goals, standards and procedures. This includes coordination with the Lower School on both curriculum and enrollment coordination.
- Consistently increase and maintain enrollment for the preschool program
- Improve/maintain a high image of the School
- Provide parent participation/community relations opportunities
- Motivate and mentor staff
- Expand knowledge and training of staff, this includes continually providing creative opportunities for professional development
- Improve effectiveness of the staff, including knowing, educating and implementing the State Child Care Licensing Standards for an exempt program as they apply to the daily operation of the School and complying with local fire department and state health department regulations
- Know and implement Mount Pisgah Christian School’s policies and procedures
- Keep records that pertain to the administration of the School in accordance with applicable state laws and Mount Pisgah Christian School policies
- Maintain open communication with parents, staff and children
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childcare Education, Master’s degree is a plus
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing a licensed Childcare Center
- A Christian in faith and be able to sign the statement of faith provided by the school
- Proven ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to develop good relationships with parents, children and coworkers
The faculty and staff of Mount Pisgah Christian School affirm a Statement of Christian Belief. MPCS believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees is critical to fulfilling its mission, vision and guiding principles. Consistent with its Christian beliefs, it is the policy of MPCS to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, age, disability and in compliance with all federal and state laws.