Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
Reports to: Head of Upper School
Purpose: Responsible for setting a positive, respectful tone for the Upper School through daily interactions with students and faculty and consistent, fair enforcement of School rules.
Essential Functions: General
- Must demonstrate and support the School’s mission.
- Must have the ability to get along with and deal effectively with all school personnel and school families, as well as the larger business and educational community.
- Willingness to perform in a manner that reflects positively on Saint Edward’s School.
- As a member of the SES team, perform all other duties as requested by the Head of School or other administrators.
- Promote positive school spirit and collegiality among all students in the Upper School.
- Assist in directing leadership, club sponsors, and activities.
- Supervise routine disciplinary actions and procedures for Upper School students.
- Schedule faculty to supervise detention and recall.
- Keep detailed disciplinary records.
- Serve as attendance officer, covering all attendance procedures, excused absences, and check-in procedures.
- Organize and chair Disciplinary Committee and Honor Council meetings.
- Communicate with students, families, and faculty regarding disciplinary proceedings.
- Assist in development and review of the Student Handbook.
- Assist and work with Student Council.
- Supervise and chaperone school activities, such as field trips, athletic events, and dances.
- Support the Upper School Advocacy Program.
Potential Additional Duties
- Teach classes as directed by the Head of School.
- Coach athletic teams or otherwise assist in extracurricular activities, as directed by the Head of School.
- Serve as Director of Student Activities, which includes organizing clubs and planning/ chaperoning a host of student activities.
- Promote and organize Diversity and Inclusion programs in the Upper School.
Qualifications (Preferred and Required)
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience or equivalent.
- Must be consistent, firm, and fair.
- Must possess good judgment and strong emotional intelligence.
- Must have good communication and record-keeping skills.
- Must be able to work with and support the Head of Upper School in decision-making.