Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
Mission: The Lovett School is a community of belonging that develops students of honor, faith, and wisdom with the character and intellect to thrive in learning and life.
Purpose: We value purpose as the source of motivation for learning, the discovery of self, and the foundation of meaningful life.
Belonging: We value belonging as a diverse community where all members feel connected, included, supported and respected.
Intellect: We value intellect as a lifelong pursuit of the cognitive, social, and emotional skills required to thrive in an increasingly complex world.
Faith: We value faith as the foundation of spiritual and moral values that lead to ethical decision-making and perseverance in the face of challenge.
Love: We value love to cultivate joyful learning, strong character, and a compassionate, healthy community.
POSITION SUMMARY - The Associate Director of Athletics operates as an extension of the Director of Athletics to ensure that the essential function of the department provides positive, transformative life experiences through healthy competition and physical education in line with Lovett’s mission and core values and in support of the development of the whole child. It is a 12 month, full time, exempt position with full benefits.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven (7) years experience in high school or collegiate athletics as a sport coach, strength and conditioning professional, and/ or administrator.
- Proven relationship builder with demonstrated capacity to mentor and lead students and adults.
- Strong working knowledge of high school athletics in the state of Georgia or other NFHS state associations.
- Ability to engage in reflective self-evaluation in the areas of leadership, performance, and professional growth in order to develop greater self-awareness, cultural competence and emotional intelligence.
- Deep understanding of the way unconscious bias impacts the workplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong working knowledge of the google office (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc).
- Experience in and commitment to the ongoing development and maintenance of an inclusive campus community.
- Ability to work long, non-traditional hours including nights and weekends.
- Supervises, mentors, and evaluates coaches or staff as assigned by the Director of Athletics to ensure effective program management, student-athlete development, and constructive coaching methods in line with Lovett’s core values and understanding of a whole child education.
- Develops and maintains key operational playbooks, handbooks, and action plans to ensure compliance with state association and school requirements for safety and security protocols and ensures that all coaches and staff are properly trained.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and professional development across the department in support of our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Builds relationships with key community stakeholders to support the recruitment and hiring of teacher-coaches and community coaches.
- Works closely with college counseling to identify and advise prospective collegiate student-athletes on the recruitment process.
- Capable of coaching at least one varsity sport.
- Leads key departmental meetings and represents the athletic department in other areas across the school.
- Participates or leads game management duties and other operational support as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Plays an important school-wide role in promoting and supporting our student-athletes across campus in all of their diverse interests.
- Contributes beyond the position description to support the strategic vision of The Lovett School.