Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Woodlands Christian Academy (TWCA) is an independent, Christ-centered college preparatory school serving students in PreK through 12th grade. With over 25 years of strong history and a clear vision for the future, TWCA is leading the way for Christian education in The Woodlands Texas area. The Assistant Middle School Principal reports to the Middle School Principal and oversees curriculum, discipline, and student activities for Middle School.
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
- State Teaching Certification or ACSI Certification
- Minimum of three years of curriculum and administration responsibilities
- Experience with middle school academic content.
- Thrives in conflict resolution situations
- Builds and values healthy relationships with students, parents, and staff
- Take a lead role in all subject curriculum coordination, development, and management for the Middle School.
- Lead, inspire and empower the Middle School community to achieve the Governance Board’s Ends – spiritually, academically, physically, and socially.
- Enforce Woodlands Christian’s student policies in Middle School.
- Administer the extra-curricular programs, activities, and clubs in the Middle School.
- Effectively articulate the mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures of Woodlands Christian and its Middle School.
- Serve as a spiritual role model and mentor to the greater school community.
- Under the direction of the Middle School Principal, develop, review, revise and align the Middle School curriculum for all subjects vertically and horizontally, working closely with the Middle School faculty and other Assistant Principals.
- Assist the Middle School Principal in planning and implementing professional development programs for teachers.
- Supervise the teaching/coaching process to continuously improve the academic process and integrate a biblical worldview in each Middle School classroom.
- Maintain student discipline consistent with school policies; monitor students' adherence to established school rules and maintain accurate student attendance records.
- Oversee the coordination and establish guidelines for the co-curricular and extracurricular activity programs of the Middle School. Assist in the planning and presentation of school assemblies and programs, maintain a comprehensive calendar of school events, and keep the entire school community informed of various division programs and activities.
- Confer with teachers, students, and parents on student management, positive behavior plans, and discipline issues.
- Establish and maintain communication with staff, students, and parents and encourage positive parent-teacher-student relationships and community and parent involvement.
- Assist in planning for and leading the academic, social, and spiritual transition of students from Lower School to Middle School and from Middle School to High School
- Possess a strong Christian testimony and be an active member of a Bible-believing church
- Commit to personal spiritual development.
- Serve as a positive Christian role model to students and pursue Christ-like behavior.
- Be a responsible steward of TWCA’s resources and personally support TWCA’s fundraising efforts at a level as able.