Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Director of Student Leadership Development serves as the strategic, visionary champion of all initiatives dedicated to student leadership development from Transitional Kindergarten through Grade 12. The Director will oversee a program that effectively merges proven leadership skill-building practices, including experiential education via Hawks Quest, and the schools commitment to service with intentional pedagogical interventions that operationalize the Profile of the Latin Leader, Charlotte Latin Schools new strategic foundation for comprehensive student leadership development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build upon the strengths of the Leads with Honor framework to craft and vertically integrate the leadership curriculum in grades TK-12.
- Develop appropriate metrics to measure the leadership programs effectiveness.
- Partner with the academic leadership team to organize appropriate faculty professional learning opportunities to enhance the student leadership development experience across all grade levels and content areas.
- Design new and reimagine existing courses to increase students access to high-quality leadership development learning opportunities.
- Oversee the service learning program, including a team of faculty volunteers, with the intentional effort given to engaging Latin students in the broader Charlotte community through volunteerism and other initiatives that foster civic and social impact.
- Partner with the athletics department in support of the Student Athletics Leadership Team (SALT).
- Collaborate with the Advancement Team to craft mission-centered messaging that educates prospective and current families and other constituents about the student leadership program.
Supervise the Student Leadership Development Team, which currently consists of an Assistant Director, two experiential educators, and the Leadership Development Administrative Assistant.
Education and Experience - A bachelors degree is required. The ideal candidate possesses a masters degree and extensive experience with curriculum design, instructional practices, and programming focused on student leadership development in an independent school setting.
- Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth.
- Has the ability to complete tasks ahead of schedule. Always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule.
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Communicates clearly and effectively to others the steps in a process and the importance of following that process.
- Can identify multiple projects and prioritize them to meet required deadlines. Can take current project information and align others effectively within the department to achieve desired results.
- Adheres to the highest level of professionalism.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion efforts