Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Catholic High School of Baltimore seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Principal. The Principal reports to the President and has the primary responsibility of providing instructional leadership.
A Qualified Candidate
- Must be a practicing Catholic.
- Has successful teaching and administrative experience at the secondary level, a Master’s degree in education, and leads in the formulation of academic policies, curriculum development, and supervises the instructional program, including AP, STEM, and other specialty programs.
- Is a visionary instructional leader who promotes the educational development of students through effective supervisory and administrative skills in addition to planning, organizing, and assessing faculty in-service and professional development.
- Oversees the appraisal process for faculty.
- Possesses strong communication and collaborative skills in working with all constituents, and provides leadership for the school’s parent groups.
- Must be competent in the use of technology as an integral tool for instruction.
- Has experience in strategic planning and Middle States accreditation process.
- Collaborates with the President and Director of Institutional Advancement to maintain positive public relations with various constituent groups, the greater public, and prospective parents.
- Serves as staff to the Board of Trustees on the Strategic Planning Committee.
- Provides leadership for all members of the school community that reflect Gospel values and core values of the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia.
- Assists the President and works cooperatively with members of the administrative team in school planning and to enhance the mission and Catholic, Franciscan identity of Catholic High.
- Commits to the mission and philosophy of The Catholic High School of Baltimore.
The Catholic High School of Baltimore provides a quality, college preparatory education, rooted in the Franciscan tradition for young women. Catholic High challenges its young women to academic excellence, responsible leadership and Christian community service. The school is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia since 1939.