Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counse
The Director of Enrollment Management is principally responsible for guiding the achievement of the school’s long-term and short-term enrollment goals and overseeing all aspects of admissions, domestic and international recruitment, boarding and day enrollment, retention of current families, and the financial aid process. From inquiry to enrollment and re-enrollment, the Director is responsible for and accountable to a data-informed, mission-aligned approach. The Director is the primary strategist for robust, mission-appropriate enrollment PS-12th grade. Reporting directly to the Head of School as part of the Administrative Council, the Director works closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Division Heads, Assistant Head of School, Director of Marketing and Communications, and other school leaders to fulfill the mission, vision, and brand of the school.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan to differentiate the school’s unique brand and position in the market
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and Communications, Assistant Head of School to articulate and promote the school’s brand and to develop a marketing and communications plan for recruitment and retention of our day and boarding programs domestically and internationally
- Work with the Head of School, Board of Trustees, Chief Financial Officer, Division Heads, and other school leaders to assess optimal school size and student body composition, define and articulate the profiles of mission-appropriate students, and engage in constituent relations internally and externally to support the school’s strategic goals and direction
- Supervises, mentors, and evaluates the admission staff composed of a Director of Middle and Lower School Admission, Director of Upper School Admission, Director of Financial Aid, and Admission Assistant.
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer and Head of School to create the annual operating budget by using historical data and projections to propose student enrollment for the upcoming year and to make informed predictions about enrollment over a 3-5 year period
- As a member of the Financial Aid Committee comprised of the Head of School, Chief Financial Officer, and Director of Financial Aid, steward the school’s financial aid resources and processes
- Partner with the Head of School and Director of Advancement to support the school’s giving and stewardship programs
- Partner with the Director of the Office of institutional Equity, Justice, and Belonging to support the school’s efforts in sustaining and extending our culture of belonging
- Advise the Head of School and Board of Trustees on external market trends and trends in independent schools to ensure informed decision-making and strategic planning for short-term and long-term enrollment.
- Serve as the lead for boarding enrollment, designing and implementing a plan to ensure full boarding enrollment that reflects a diversity of international and domestic students
- Collects and communicates admission and enrollment data; maintains statistics regarding inquiries, visits, applications, diversity, and enrollment; presents regular reports to the Board of Trustees summarizing attrition and describing strategy, goals and activities; and reports school enrollment and annual statistics to appropriate agencies and associations.
- Represent the school locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally in networks and associations relevant and important to admissions and enrollment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success with leadership in admissions and marketing in an independent school setting
- Knowledge of revenue-based enrollment management
- Experience working with international populations in an enrollment context preferred
- Experience with research, data collection, and analysis
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in technology, particularly technology that supports the enrollment process such as Veracross, FinalSite, and School Admin