APPLY NOW — Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School in Metairie, LA is seeking an experienced Director of Enrollment Management to begin employment on July 1, 2023. Founded in 1947, St. Martin’s is a co-educational independent day school, serving students from PK through 12th grade. The faculty and staff strive to live out the School’s Mission to prepare students to thrive in college and in life through faith, scholarship, and service. The School seeks a strategic, growth-minded, highly motivated, and collaborative-thinking educational professional to lead a team of highly qualified professionals in developing and implementing comprehensive, action-oriented enrollment and development programs.. This position reports to the Head of School, and works closely with the School’s four Division Heads. The ideal candidate will have experience in the areas of recruitment, retention, branding/marketing, and enrollment management. The Director of Enrollment Management is responsible for spearheading recruitment and retention efforts in a highly competitive private school market, as well as to work with the School’s Leadership Team to develop new and innovative recruitment and retention strategies.
- Create, lead, and manage a comprehensive enrollment program that incorporates best practices in recruitment, admissions, retention, record management, registration, and tuition assistance.
- Utilize data to make decisions about recruitment strategy, resource use, and planning efforts.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan for prospective students and their families.
- Develop long-term enrollment and retention strategies and implement them to ensure each division is filled with and retains qualified, mission appropriate students
- Work closely with the Database Manager and the Division Heads to ensure timely and accurate collection of data related to student retention, including attrition analysis.
- Collaborate with the Academic Leadership Team to establish admissions standards, admissions policies, and process for evaluating and making final admission decisions.
- Oversee the systematic, efficient, and confidential handling of applications and related student information.
- Assist with applicant family tours.
- Manage events including Open House, Divisional Information Sessions, Applicant Visit Days, Placement Testing, New Parent Orientation, and assist with student orientations and new student gatherings.
- Provides timely enrollment forecasting for budgeting purposes to the Head of School and the CFO.
- Oversee the school’s Tuition Assistance Committee, working closely with the school’s CFO on both yearly and long-term tuition assistance awards.
- Act as an ambassador and representative of the School in fostering strong partnerships with local feeder schools and community organizations
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 4+ years of successful experience in the areas of enrollment management/student affairs.
- Strong background in K-12 education
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and outreach to independent and private schools.
- Experience with financial aid in independent schools is preferred.
- Experience with Student Information Systems, preferably FACTS
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to write and speak in a clear, sincere, and compelling manner, and to articulate and represent the mission and vision of St. Martin’s Episcopal School
- Experience in prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation, preferably in education
- Ability to travel if needed as well as attend events on evenings and weekends
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple activities, demands, and/or projects simultaneously, while maintaining a high degree of effectiveness, a spirit of collaboration, and a sense of humor
- Demonstrated initiative and self-starting capacity
- Ability and professional style to work with leadership, trustees, volunteers, and top donors in an effective and sophisticated manner
- Experience working with sensitive information and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Transferable or related experience may include marketing, admissions and public relations
St. Martin’s is actively working to create a diverse work community. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. St. Martin’s School is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. St. Martin’s does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.