Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Summit School, located in Edgewater, MD, educates bright students with dyslexia and other learning differences. Founded in 1989, the school program serves approximately 110 students each year. Our track record for success includes tangible outcomes such as high school graduation rates exceeding national averages. The impact for our students and their families is immediate and life changing. The Summit Resource Center (SRC), a part of The Summit School, provides ancillary services to the community such as diagnostic testing, benchmark testing, tutoring, informational workshops, summer programs, and professional development. We are seeking an SRC Coordinator to manage and oversee all operations of this program. This is a 12-month, full-time position with opportunity for some remote work after onboarding.
Who we are
- small, professional community committed to our mission of supporting children and each other.
- a highly-collaborative team willing to roll up our sleeves and support the overall mission of the organization
Who you are
- friendly, organized, tech-savvy, flexible, and excited about connecting people to the resources and support they need.
- eager to help others; thrive on making a true impact for families
- use communication and interpersonal skills to cultivate relationships
This position is outward-facing and requires a motivated self-starter who is driven, able to multitask, and is eager to support the community in a unique way. The ideal candidate is familiar with the fields of special education, speech/language pathology, school psychology or counseling and has an understanding of business/marketing. This position has a strong emphasis on client relationship management.
- Building relationships with potential clients
- Oversee all business operations of testing and tutoring branches
- Manage administrative camp duties
- Lead team on all facets of annual symposia
- Serve on the enrollment management team, working closely with Admissions and Marketing to provide a seamless client/family experience.
Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Google Suite preferred. Professional development opportunities offered.
The Summit School is located eight miles south of Annapolis, MD.