Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
St. Anne's-Belfield School is an independent co-educational college preparatory boarding and day school for pre-k through 12th grade located in Charlottesville, VA. We have two campuses on more than 55 acres in Charlottesville, Va. right around the corner from the University of Virginia. The St. Anne's community of 265 employees and nearly 900 students from 14 countries, and more than 3,800 alumni spread across the globe. We are a diverse and dynamic learning community which strives to keep up with the ever-changing world of education. In seeking to nourish children's innate curiosity and support them in becoming exemplary citizens and visionary leaders. In an effort to accomplish this, we seek to hire great people with a passion for educating, serving and connecting with the vibrant student body and dynamic faculty and staff.
The Associate Director of Admissions for Middle School and Residential Life is responsible for developing and implementing strategy and programs to realize enrollment goals. Under the direction of the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management and in coordination with other members of the team, the associate director is responsible for recruitment for the Residential Life Program in Grades 9 - 12 and assists with admission activities for candidates considering Grades 5 - 8. This professional must be eager to grow enrollment and recruit new families through new markets, innovative strategies, and outreach. Serving as prospective families' first ambassador to the School, this person will be entrusted with nurturing relationships with prospective families and the systematic and efficient handling of students' applications. This individual will work closely with current families and other key stakeholders of the School to assist with outreach and recruitment in the Upper School, for both day and residential students. To accomplish these goals, the selected candidate will benefit from a partnership of experienced and adaptive colleagues from within the Admission team and across the School. The work of this position will be rooted in a deep appreciation and understanding of the School's mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally to achieve strategic results.
General Position Responsibilities
- Represent, articulate, and create excitement for the School's mission and philosophy to prospective families;
- Create, implement, evaluate, and further develop an enrollment plan that includes an outreach strategy utilizing the School's network and other means to increase applications in the Upper School with particular focus on the Residential Life Program;
- Identify and cultivate relationships with individuals and organizations outside the School community who can promote the School, particularly the residential program
- Work closely with the Director of Residential Life, the Head of the Upper School and the Associate Director of Upper School Admission and Outreach to create a strategy for national and international travel and recruiting;
- Travel to interface and outreach with prospective families, including internationally.
- Meet with the Associate Director of Upper School Admission and Outreach to review the status of Upper School inquires and applicants in order to ensure that each prospective family feels cared for from the first contact with our team;
- In coordination and partnership with the Associate Director of Upper School Admission and Outreach, communicate with Grades 9 - 12 candidates and their parents/guardians; interview candidates and their families;
- Work closely with the appropriate division head and other key members of the School throughout the admission process for each prospective student;
- Assist the Assistant Head of Enrollment Management with Middle School recruitment, including facilitating initial contact with prospective Middle School families through email responses and phone calls;
- Manage, help reenvision, and grow the school-wide Parent Ambassador program and assist with Student Ambassador programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and demonstrated ability to affect growth in desired results.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to connect with prospective students and their families.
- Consummate, positive team player comfortable working with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrated analytical and data reporting skills with the ability to recognize opportunities and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Collegial and effective work with students, fellow administrators, faculty, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work with a strong team to achieve articulated goals, specifically partnering with another member of the team.
- Thorough grasp of the current trends in enrollment.
- Experience working with an enrollment team, a plus.
- Strong interest in K-12 education generally, and St. Anne's-Belfield School more specifically.
- Proficiency in a language other than English and experience with diverse backgrounds preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred.
- Minimum of three years of admission-related experience; preference for admission-related experience in an educational environment.
- Teaching at middle- or upper school-level a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Experience
- Office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Occasional weekend and evening work expected.
- Occasional travel required, including internationally.