Or, if you are already an active candidate with Southern Teachers, please contact your placement counselor.
The Director of Athletics will perform a variety of duties including, but not limited to, overseeing athletic programs and facilities, supervising coaching staff, preparing practice & game schedules and act as the representative for all conference and state athletic events throughout the year including the summer. This employee is contracted by the School Board upon recommendation by the Executive Director. Position reports to, and performance is evaluated by, the Executive Director.
Required Personal Qualities
- Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior and have a clear testimony
- Believe that the Bible is God’s Word and is the standard for faith and daily living
- Agree with the North Hills Christian School Statement of Faith
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree,
Additional qualifications preferred: Prior experience in athletics program administration
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the selection, supervision, and evaluation of all coaches and athletic staff.
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and approving all athletic activities, special games, tournaments, and events.
- Responsible for the scheduling of officials for all sporting events in compliance with state athletic requirements.
- Responsible for the supervision and operation of all athletic/sport camps sponsored on-site or off-site by any coach at any time during the year.
- Establish, review, enforce and oversee athletic department policies and procedures in conjunction with the administration team.
- Collaborate with the Admissions and Marketing Department to promote athletics and events.
- Develop long range planning and vision for the continued growth and enhancements of the athletic department and programs.
- Responsible for representing the school at all conference and/or state athletic meetings.
- Develop recommendations regarding the athletic budget, purchasing of equipment and ensuring that programs are cost effective, and funds are managed prudently.
- Ensure that all student and family documents are up to date and completed on time.