Culturally diverse, rich in history, and geographically exceptional.
America’s first Spanish and English settlements were in St. Augustine and Jamestown. The South’s political kaleidoscope includes bright blue Washington, DC, and reliably red Texas. Nashville is the capital of country music, Mississippi’s the birthplace of the blues, New Orleans gave us jazz, and Miami is the capital of Latin America (¡más o menos!).
The South is the fastest-growing region in the country and beckons with opportunity.
We're proud to be Southern Teachers—since 1902.
• Four of the nations' top 10 public universities
• 21 of the 50 largest cities in the U.S.
• The US headquarters for Volkswagen, Michelin, Toyota, Nissan, BP, Airbus, and Lenovo
• America’s 2nd largest banking center, Charlotte, NC – second only to New York City
• The NFL’s five newest teams: Houston, Baltimore, Charlotte, Jacksonville, and Tampa
• Half of the nation’s top 10 states for tourism: Florida, Texas, Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia
• The 10 highest mountains east of the Mississippi and the longest coastline of any region
• And more Independent Schools than any other region in the country.
We are delighted to announce the winners of our 9th annual Student Art Contest! Please take a look at the terrific pieces submitted by students at independent schools around the South. Our 2018-19 art calendar is also now available. Our 10th annual contest will be open for submissions on October 31.