Since 1902, Southern Teachers Agency has helped schools in the South find qualified candidates for teaching, coaching, administrative, and auxiliary positions. Our work focuses on PK-12 private/independent schools in the South, from Maryland to Miami to Midland, Texas. However, as administrators from southern schools migrate to other parts of the country, some have continued to request our services; therefore, we do work with some schools in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, and other states outside of the South.
Though we have served southern schools for more than a century, we recognize that our reputation for personal service and careful screening of candidates is scrutinized every day and with every candidate referral.
How do we maintain this carefully cultivated reputation for superior service to schools?
- We interview every single candidate that we represent.
- We check references on our candidates.
- We only send you the credentials of qualified candidates.
- We do not publicly list your vacancies, which limits unwanted phone calls and letters to you.
- We are the ONLY service dedicated to working with private/independent schools in the South.
Our goal is to provide you with credentials only on viable candidates for positions you list with STA. We screen our candidates to ascertain what they are qualified to do, what they wish to do and where. If we do not have viable candidates, we will not send you unproductive paperwork to clog your in-basket.
The financial agreement between your school and STA is simple:
- No onerous registration or membership fee.
- No annoying charge to list positions.
- No exorbitant minimum placement fee.
- The school pays a placement fee for a candidate referred by STA who is hired at any point during the first two years after referral.
- The placement fee for day schools is 11% of the candidate's remuneration during the first twelve months of employment. The placement fee for boarding schools is 12%.
In other words, there is no cost at all unless we send you the best candidate, the one you hire!
If your school has not worked with STA, then you should call Dr. Carey Goodman, the director of STA, at (434) 295-9122. If we can serve your school, then we will set up an account enabling you to list vacancies via our website. However, we would much prefer to speak with you by telephone.
We look forward to working with you.
R. Carey Goodman, Ph.D.